Tuesday, May 24

being pregnant

As most of you have knew it,
i am making it official on my blog.

Being Pregnant!
Starring Nurul Atirah
&
Co-starring Abdul Mutalib!

Syukur Alhamdulillah!

yes, the both of us are expecting a baby.
girl or boy, it is still early now.
have to wait a couple of weeks till we know the gender of our little fella.

i didn't really have a smooth sailing start ever since i knew i was pregnant.
morning sickness hits me bad, real bad that i have to keep seeing the doctor/gynae for medicine to make me fine to function at work.
there were several instances that i break down because of the pain and the hormonal changes.
nevertheless, my husband is always there for me to console me, encourages me and pamper me to reassure me that i am strong enough to go through this pregnancy.
everytime i complained of a pain, he would try to find a medicine that is suitable for pregnant women.

i suspect that i am pregnant when my period didn't came and i've been feeling really lethargic.
so one night, i asked my husband who were on the way home from work to get a pregnancy kit just to check.
he replied "are you sure honey?"
"yes honey, just to check"
the reason why he asked whether i am certain to check was because he didn't want us to be disappointed with the results since both of us think that we are ready to have one.

before i get my hands on the pregnancy kit,
i surf the net to read up on signs of being pregnant.
most of the signs were happening to me.
that makes me even more anxious to check!

when i get my hands on the pregnancy kit,
i read the instructions making sure i understand it.
as much as i want it to be positive,
i try not to put my hopes too high.

the wait wasn't really a long wait.
within 1-2 mins,
i get to know the results.
it was positive!
i wasn't sure whether i was smiling but deep inside i knew i am grateful and very happy.

during that time,
my husband was doing his work at home.
i came up to him with the stick and instruction booklet hidden at my waist and said "honey".
he looked at me and i tooked out the stick and instruction booklet and handed it to him.

he looked at the stick and refer to the results.
he was in disbelief!
he kept asking me whether i did it properly, etc.
finally i said "yes honey, i am pregnant".
he gave me a smile and i knew he was as happy and excited as me.

the next day,
i remember calling up several women's clinic to make an appointment but most of them are full.
i managed to find one and in the evening,
we went to see a gynae.
the gynae used the ultrasound scan to locate our baby.
to our dismay,
we didn't get to see our little fella.
the gynae ensure us that the little fella is still very small and in very early stage.
and confirmed that i am pregnant.

we went home and told my in-laws the good news and made a call to my parents as well.
Alhamdulillah they are pleased with the news.

the next morning,
i woke up to find a tiny spot of blood on my panty.

to be continued.....

No comments: