Saturday, March 10

4moms origami stroller

it all started with this comment from my husband. 


i knew what led him to search for a stroller. 
there was once, my husband and i, brought our daughter out using the stroller we bought for her. 
we bought the stroller because when the salesperson show it to us, it seems easy, that was months back before i gave birth. 
so when it was time for my husband to open up the stroller which was 5 months after we bought the stroller, he found difficulties in it.
he has forgotten how to open and close the stroller. 
i knew he was frustrated whenever he cannot opened or closed the stroller.
i helped him verbally and couldn't do it physically because i was carrying my daughter.
he said "it wasn't a good idea to bring the stroller out using the public transportation."
i couldn't agree more, it was troublesome. 

so i checked the video. 
i was definitely impressed with this high-tech stroller.
just with the touch of a button, it opens up / closes by itself.
how cool is that?
on top of it, it can charge mobile phones and has light.
when i watched the video,
to me, it was a far-fetched dream.
it is nice to have a convenient stroller but it is okay since we already have a stroller.

one week has pass and 4moms origami still linger on my mind.
i liked 4moms facebook page and read more about it.
i showed my family members the video and they were impressed.
i knew my husband wanted to get the 4 moms origami stroller because he has been talking about it.
somehow, one day i asked him "honey, do they send to singapore?"
he replied "no honey, i've read up and they don't send it to singapore yet."
my husband and i had a discussion and the both of us got excited.
because the result of our discussion was that we managed to buy the 4moms origami stroller from another source that is able to send to singapore.
perhaps we are the first ones to have the 4moms origami in singapore.

every day without failed, i would check the shipping schedule and always look forward to the next day.
i did not even sleep on the 31st jan because i know they will deliver it on the 1st feb, i was really, really excited.
then 1st february 2012 came,
it was in the afternoon when the package arrived.
i was beaming.
i smsed my husband and sister upon the arrival of the package.


my happiness were short-lived because i had to wait for my husband to get back from work so that we can open the package together.
can you imagine my disappointment?
i have waited long for this and did not even sleep the night before and now i have to wait for my husband.
sighs.
all i could do is to see the video over and over again. 

i waited and finally he came home.
hooray!
we can open the box!
my sister and mom were with us to witness it as they were excited too. 



the 'spine'.


the 'seater'

read up the manual, we had to do some fixing and finally it's all ready.
the manual did state that it is suitable for 6 months and above as it cannot recline so much. 
we decided to let our daughter of less than 3 months to give a try. 

my daughter, 'test-drive' the 4moms origami.

took a video on the closing. 

the next day, i brought Mishel out with the origami.

getting used to her origami. 


she likes being in it.

my daughter has gotten used to the origami that she even felt asleep in it.
i know that it would not be good to always let her seat in the origami as she is not that strong yet and it might affect her spine unless we were to get the car seat adapter to fixed on it for infants.

the pros
easy to open and close
has 4 cupholders to place her milk bottles, towel, drinks etc.
easy to lock the brakes
it has a lcd screen to let you know how far you have walked, the temperature
lights for safety at night
easy to maneuver

the cons
it is heavy, about 18kg
need to charge the battery after some time if not you have to open it manually
suitable for 6 months and above due to the limited reclining positions
it cannot 'stand' vertically
the seat can't face you unless you get the car seat adapter which is suitable only for Graco car seat

overall,
both my husband and i have good experience using 4moms origami.
it is the best thing that ever happened to us!
=)

16 comments:

carol said...

Hi, i happen to chance upon your post. can you share how you manage to lay your hands on the pram, i have been thinking about this, and how much did you pay for it?

Atirah said...

hi Carol!

Sorry for the late reply. Could you email me at nurulatirah@hotmail.com

Thanks!

Anonymous said...

Hi, I chanced upon your blog when trying to look for a way to get my hands on the 4mom origami here in SG. Do you mind sharing how you got your hands on this beautiful stroller?

Gorgeous baby by the way!

Atirah said...

Hi there,

Welcome to my blog. =)

Could you email me at nurulatirah@hotmail.com?

I would be glad to answer your question.

Anonymous said...

My hubby's dream pram too!

Anonymous said...

Kak Atirah. Can email me on how to order the stroller. I have been searching for it too. Looks cool. Thanks Kak. Do email me : venomwrx@gmail.com

Thanks

selvy said...

Hi Kak, do you mind sharing on how to get the stroller delivered to SG? Thank you!

Anonymous said...

Hi dear can share with me how to get the stroller? Am so excited to get ma hands on it.... Can drop me an email: poisonviolet12@hotmail.com

Anonymous said...

Hi dear can share with me how to get the stroller? Am so excited to get ma hands on it.... Can drop me an email: poisonviolet12@hotmail.com

wenny said...

Hi sis, can tell me how u get this stroller? How much u paid for it? I can't sleep thinking abt the stroller over and over. Pls email me at wenny.liauw@gmail.com .... thanks a lot. :)

wenny said...

Hi sis, can tell me how u get this stroller? How much u paid for it? I can't sleep thinking abt the stroller over and over. Pls email me at wenny.liauw@gmail.com .... thanks a lot. :)

Atirah said...

Hi all,

If you are interested, please email me at nurulatirah@hotmail.com

Thank you.

aceman said...

Hi

can i know how much you paid for it and how to get to deliver to singapore? Can send info to me at acesim@gmail.com?

Thanks alot!!

aceman said...

Hi

can i know how much you paid for it and how to get to deliver to singapore? Can send info to me at acesim@gmail.com?

Thanks alot!!

Unknown said...

Hi I am interested to get the stroller. Do you mind sharing how do you get it shipped to Sg and how much do you pay for it? Maybe you can drop me an email at iqahsani@gmail.com
Thanks!

Anonymous said...

Hi Carol,

Can you let me know how much you forked out laying your hands on this?

Please reply via zouavel@hotmail.com

Thank you.