Tuesday, October 4

being pregnant part xiii

there are several things that i am grateful for in this entry.

alhamdulillah that our baby is already 8 months.
that october is already here.
that i am recovering well from the food poisoning and early contractions that got me admitted to the hospital.
that i got confirmed and promoted at work.
that my boss, colleagues and organization understand my situation.

there are still more things to be thankful for.

last wednesday afternoon,
i felt bloated and uneasy.
but i didn't think much.
i thought it is the usual 'pregnancy sickness' that i had to go endure.
as time pass by,
i got sicker and eventually vomited.
i prepared several plastic bags in my bag just in case i vomited on my way back.
true enough,
the plastic bags came in handy.

even after alighting from the bus,
i had to vomit.
even after 4 times of vomiting,
i still think that it was the usual 'pregnancy sickness'.
until i got home and i became weak and kept on vomiting.
i vomited at least 10 times.
it was awful.
the pain i felt on my stomach was unbearable.
that was when i thought of the food that i ate for breakfast at work.
nasi lemak.
it is either the rice or the sambal that gave me the food poisoning.

together with my in-laws, my husband and i went to the hospital,
i was in my pyjamas and i cant even bothered to change because i was too weak and in pain.
at that time,
i thought of death because i thought i couldn't make it.
i never been this sick.

the doctor detected regular contractions on the graph and that may lead to preterm delivery.
so i had to be observed and given lots of medicine to control the contractions and pain.
that night was the first time my husband and i entered the delivery suite.
i remembered that i was given 2 painful jabs on my thighs to mature the baby's lungs in case she decides to come out.
it was scary actually not knowing what will happen to me,
whether the baby will come out, etc.
alhamdulillah,
i got better.

i had to stay for 2 days for observations and given 14 days of hospitalization leave.
i will only resume work the day after my husband's birthday.
that is another thing to be grateful for.
throughout the days and night i was there,
my husband was there to see me rest and accompany me.
he encouraged and entertained me.
i really appreciate him.

having experienced regular contractions,
i only wish that i will have a fast and safe delivery when the time comes.
insya'Allah.

since i had some free time,
i did some changes to my blog.
well,
it is time for a change.
=)

sweetheart,
sorry that mama put you in some stress few days back.
both mama and papa are glad that you are fine.
you are left with 7 weeks or so!
=)
you are moving more forcefully right now.
and for 2 days straight mama felt your hiccups,
papa too!
both mama and papa cant help it but to laugh.
we love you so much baby!

No comments: