Monday, December 7

my engagement

lo and behold!


i've got engaged.
on the 5th dec 2009 which also coincide with our monthly celebration.
we didn't plan it to be that date.
it was our elders that discuss and they came out with the date.

alhamdulillah it went on smoothly.

i didn't really invite a lot of people.
only a few close friends.
so to those who aren't invited,
just wait patiently for the big day invitation!

since i've still have yet to have a job,
i try to find sources in which i can save.
one of which is the make-up artist.
i was searching online and came across a website which offers really good price for makeover.
my make-up and hairdo costs only $100(because it is on promotion)!
instead of the mak andam that i called up which the price is $200 and above.
i was impressed with the make-up and hairdo.
if you are interested,
call creative beauty at 67760608 to find out about their packages
or visit them at blk 445 clementi Ave 3 #01-147A.


this was candid


with cammy, the make-up artist.


after the make-up and hair was done,
my grandma touched up on my hair.
she added in more roses,
changed the position of the roses a little.
i think because she was an ex mak andam thus she already knows how she wants me to look so which is why she did the adjustments.

the other that i can save costs is on photographer!
thank goodness shikin has a skilled cousin who takes good photos!

my grandma and mom was the one who cooked the different dishes.
briyani. ayam masak merah. acar timun. rendang. sambal goreng. sambal udang. and many others!

my grandma,
the one who gives her all to make me a very happy granddaughter!
she has done a lot of things for this event.
even sew my costume.

it is also my grandma who decorated most of my gubahans.
mama in did a great job with the hantarans too!


for my fiance.


i was really nervous yet excited at the same time.
it wasn't easy for me to sit still in my room.
i had to talk to shikin to let time pass quickly.


when the guy side came over,
there were prayers being read out to bless our union.


the sarung of the cincin.




it was his grandma who put it on.


the hantarans from him.
so who am i engaged to?
scroll down a little to find out!


haha.
engaged to the partner of course!
i especially like the mini cakes his aunt made.


below are some random pictures from shikin and syafiqah's cameras.
i promise that there are still more photos to upload when i'll receive them from the photographer.
=)

thank you all for your blessings and well wishes!




with my family.


ustaz giving me advices on becoming someone's fiancee.


my last visitor of the day was my mentee who managed to come with her mom and sister after an event.




with my imcomplete cousins and nenek.


with afiqah (the photographer) and syahirah.


*ps. there are so many thank you-s to make to my family members who helped to make this engagement event a very successful one!

thank you very much for your efforts placed in for making me a happy and worry-free fiancee.

now i have a ring to remind me that i am going to be someone's wife.


the 5th dec 09 ends the days of my singlehood.
i am no longer available now,
and right now,
i should work towards a happy marriage with the partner.

by the end of the day,
i was so tired that i couldn't even remember talking to the partner over the phone.
he called to wish me good night and have a little chat.
the next morning,
when i checked my call duration,
i realised that i did talked to him for slightly over a minute.
and so today i asked him about what i talked about when he called.
he said i did asked him about soccer and things and also i said bye for 3 times but never hang up the phone.
but eventually,
i hang up the phone on the 3rd bye.
haha!
this wasn't the first time that it happened.
the partner would know when i couldn't remember talking to him.
but seriously,
i have no memories of picking up the phone and talking to him.
all i have was prove from the call duration.

on sunday,
we managed to have our first date as fiance and fiancee together and we have a lot of teasing about getting used to when introducing ourselves.
no more girlfriend, boyfriend.

we watched couples retreat.
it was kinda sweet and cute.
before the movies,
we had so much fun doing the things that we used to do.
playing arcade,
walk around,
eating.
just like a normal date.
but this time around,
there is something different.

honey,
time to look forward to the next countdown!
haha.
just kidding!
on a serious note,
i'm grateful i'm yours.