Monday, March 19

Weekends Mommy

Being a working mother, it is only the weekends that I can spend literally the whole day with Mishel.

Every day I will try to catch up with her, chat, play with her and try to know what are the new things that she has learnt. As much as I want to do that, reality is a little harsh, the time left to spend with my daughter is only less than 4-5 hours per day, and lesser on the days that I am tired or having a meeting. Why 4-5 hours? I end work at 5.30pm. By the time I reached home is 6.30pm. She sleeps at 11.30pm. Between 6.30pm to 11.30pm, she does take naps so it is lesser time with her. Does spending that few hours makes me a mother even though I gave birth to her?

It is the weekends that give me assurance that I am a mother to Mishel. I am able to put her to sleep, feed her, play with her, interact with her. Weekends are the days that I am able to know more about her character and share special moments together.

I wish that in the future, my working hours allow me to have a longer time with my daughter and future children.

Mishel sweetheart,
you are my daughter and I am your mother.
I may not spend a lot of time being with you but that doesn't mean that you're not important.
I love you and think about you 24/7.
You have no idea how much you means to me...... until you become a mother.





No comments: