Sunday, April 17

our wedding video

finally,
after 3 months,
we got our wedding video.

yesterday morning,
my husband and i woke up watching it.

it is sentimental and the video brought me 3 months back,
the day we tied the knot and our lunch reception.

i didn't really blog properly about how i felt when i got married.

that fateful day,
i had mixed feelings.
i felt sad and at the same time very happy.
sad to 'leave' my family.
in the sense that i wont be able to spend most of my time with them.
i wont be sharing much laughter with them,
annoy them with my questions,
tease them and be the noisy one at home.
my dad told my sister after the solemnization when they were alone,
"i feel sad giving away your sister. i wont be spending much time with her."
that explained why he teared during sanding when it was time to salam him.
i never see him cried so much.
it was really touching and i know he loves me very much and wants the best for me.
he even teared when my husband salam him.
the video shows clearly that he cried and seeing that makes me tear.
apart from him,
of course my mom and grandma cried as well.

but at the same time,
i felt happy.
finally,
after 5 years together,
my husband and i got married.
he means so much to me,
the one that i share my happiness, sadness, laughter, jokes and tears with.
i never thought that love is beautiful.
because of his love,
i inspire to do more.

being married means i can have my own family and inculcate them the values that my elderly taught me.

i know marriage is not easy.
i still remember in my uni class,
a lecturer told us that certain percentage of married couples divorce within 5 years of marriage due to various causes and problems.
it is a sad news but it is happening now.
which is why i will always hold to the naib kadi's words about the roles of a husband, wife and what you want your marriage to be, ie. filled with happiness, peace, etc.
that is the drive to avoid us from falling apart.
marriage is about making it work.
and of course,
to have the Almighty's blessing.

alhamdulillah,
marriage life has been good.

honey,
everytime you sleep, i caress your hair and talk to god.
only He knows how much you meant to me.

No comments: