Wednesday, March 16

Real Love is all about...

Real Love is all about believing that the love my partner and I shared is true.

How do I believe that it is true love?

I have come up with a list of words to show that it is true.

R.E.A.L L.O.V.E

Reminisce the good ol' days
We have plenty of good ol' days to smile and at times chuckle when I reminisce of them. When one of us is angry, we try our very best to think of the good times we spend together. Somehow after reminiscing, you will find that the argument is not worth it.

Experience the journey of life together
This is about making the commitment to hold on and go through thick and thin together. Never give up even though it is tough. We celebrate and enjoy the good times while we have to be strong during the hard times.

Attractive
I asked my partner the reasons why he is attracted to me. It is not mainly because of looks but because of my character. He admired my character. With that in mind, I maintain my character that makes him attracted to me.

Life enhancement
My partner gives me the motivation to improve myself. He supports me in whatever I do and never fails to encourage me.

Laugh
We laugh a lot! We like to give each other lame jokes and do funny movements just to make the other laugh. I believe that laughter makes us closer.

Observe
To know my partner better, I observe what he likes, dislikes, the way he reacts and many more. With the observations, I do things and surprise him with the things he likes. I try my very best not to do things that he dislikes.

Voice out
In a relationship, there are bound to be arguments. Instead of bottling up our unhappiness, we voice it out. It helps to us to understand why we feel that way and work our differences.

Engage
This is about giving our fullest attention when the both of us are doing activities together. Basically, to enjoy each other company.

One of the memorable moment I have was during my 24th birthday celebration.

After giving me flowers, bring me to lunch and the Singapore Flyer, I thought we are just going to end our night by watching a movie.

It was about 8pm when he gave me a blindfold to cover my eyes while he drove me somewhere.
He led me to a place with the blindfold on, going up small steps and walk through a shaky bridge.
I can feel the breeze and I am sure we are near the sea.
There and then I knew that we were in Sentosa.

After about 8 minutes walk, we had to go up a staircase before we came to a stop.
He asked me to wait for a little while. He took out his phone to play a song. He gave me a quick peck and said "Honey, you know that I always love you."

Finally, he gave me the green light to take the blindfold off. When I did, I turned around and saw him on his knee with a ring. The words came from him was "will you marry me?"

Then slowly my mind started to digest. He is proposing to me again but this time with a diamond ring! I have no idea how to react but to cry and hug him and said "yes!"

He asked me to turn around and from the tower that I am standing, I can see it so clearly. I saw huge letters that spelled out 'MARRY ME' .

I was really surprised by it.



Lightsticks to illuminate the words.

Prior to this proposal, I have another proposal in 2009.


It was doing one event held by Marriage Central.

We were supposed to write love notes to our partner.

In his love note, he proposed to me. =)

Now, we are 2 months blissfully married to one another.


Real love makes me grow and be thankful.

No comments: